Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Attitude

Its amazing how one aspect of our life can affect our whole life. Work sucks, to be blunt, I have noticed the attitude I have at work, has carried over into the other parts of life. The "I don't give a shit" seems to be everywhere. Housework was going by the wayside. The yard was looking trashy. And I felt like I was starting to carry it over into my relationships with friends. This "whatever" outlook was really taking over. So this past weekend I realized I needed and attitude adjustment. I cleaned the house, mowed the lawn, edged, finished the fencing, and picked up the trash that had made its way into the yard. I decided that I would start seriously looking for a new job and would get my head back into my current job to at least accomplish the minimal tasks required of me.
While I dislike my job, I don't need the feelings I harbor toward it to spill out into the rest of my life. This outlook needed to be curbed. It was taking over and I was beginning to feel like the beer swilling slob that sits around in their underwear, watching tv. Hmmmmm, not a pretty picture. What I realize is that this is a self destruct mode, and if I don't do something about it, then everything else I do will take me further down the hole. So..... I have made the adjustment in my attutude .......................if for nothing else, for the sake of survival.

No comments: