Tuesday, August 01, 2006

A Little Something Nice to Say

As parents we often have a lot of gripes about our kids, they don't pick up after themselves, they waste electricity, they waste the water, they don't listen, they only think of themselves, they complain about doing chores, etc, etc, etc.
BUT
I must mention two things that my son did that showed me my efforts to teach him have not gone in vain........ that somewhere I did something right............he made me very proud.......

1) They day after Teeki died he called me to see how I was doing. (He later admitted that he took it hard as well and his GF had to console him.)

2) He came by my house and surprised me by taking my truck to the shop where he works and changing my oil, oil filter and air filter because he heard me mention the oil change was 1500 miles past due. Cost to me....... zero dollars.

No comments: