Thursday, June 28, 2007

Family and Politics....... no not together....

My son did something that is worthy of mention.

We are taking a trip to VA this weekend and he was insistant that I needed new tires, as was BC. I being on a tight budget deemed them both crazy and went on my way. Well Peter works at Tire Kingdom and some guy came in wanting them to put on some after market rims and new tires and my son saw a deal on some tires with only 900 miles on them. He called me and tried to sell me on the deal of 4 semi-new tires for $140.00, I scoffed and said I don't need them. Several days later Peter and BC are in cahoots together on something and when my son asked to borrow the truck one day, I had a feeling................. Later, on the day of the truck borrowing, it was returned with 4 new tires. My son spent his hard earned money, and he doesn't make a lot, on me, his mother......... he must really love me.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-



Why is it that everytime I hear on the news that the City of Tampa and St Petersburg are handing out pink slips due to a cut in budget from the cut in property taxes, I want to scream BULLSHIT!!!! Hell first off the Senate just passed the reform. According to what they have done, they first part is to roll back taxes, by one year, that will be seen on the next tax bill. AND..... since the tax year is just sneaking up, that would mean the 2006 to 2007 taxes. No change there in budget money. It means the increase they just mailed out would not take affect. The second part will be voted on in January and wouldn't take place until the following tax year, So why is it necessary to layoff people now? The people haven't even voted on the new proposal....... what if they decide to keep it the way it is? I hate poloticians....... I hate liars

No comments: