Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Coming Together

I was thinking back on how meeting Pete, lead me to meeting other people. It seems that when a new person comes in to our lives they bring along others that we don't think about....friends and associated in tow, if you will. Often these relationships are short lived and these folks eventually disappear out of our lives . I met several through Pete whom over the years I have talked to on numerous occasions, often to gang up on him and endlessly tease him.It was only through his funeral that I finally met them face to face. It was an instant connection and I fell in love with his friends from the past. The gift of gab was natural and it was as if his past had met the present and tied us all together. I hope between the exchanged stories they felt the same. It's as if I now knew his entire life from child hood to adult hood, and I got to know his 2 closest long time friends. He brought us together and in keeping in touch, we keep him alive, and through continuing our relationship he continues to live on. I am sure he is smiling down upon us....... and so it goes.........

1 comment:

MaxieCat said...

Pete was easy to tease, there was always something interesting going on with his life. He usually never had cash on him, which was were most of the teasing came from. It used to annoy the crap out of me that he never had money, but I loved him anyway. I knew that if something happened to me that I needed cash, he would be the first in line to help me out.

I feel like one part of my life has ended, yet with his passing, another part has begun. A part with a new friend, someone who knew Pete better than anyone. He is living on through all of us, he has made me not fear death, as I had before. I used to be terrified of going to sleep at night for fear I wouldn't wake up. If I was lucky I would get three or four hours of sleep at night, just to fear getting in the car to head for work. Now I can sleep at night, and my fears have drifted into the recesses of my mind. When I start to panic, I think of my dear friend and he comforts me along with Jesus, they are caring for me together.

I must say, this is good therapy. When I am having a "moment" I think about what I am going to write about. It's amazing what getting your thoughts down can do to release the anxiety. I would never have done this if it wasn't for you Stephanie, thank you, I am eternally grateful.