Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The End of a Chapter

So it has come..............
I release a heavy sigh as I move on........ a nine year chapter of my life has ended. I spent the last week and a half closing up Petes house, getting rid of his car, and selling his belongings. Now I am left with the items I chose to keep and those that need to be mailed out to close friends.

Maybe things will be a little easier now.

Maybe I can concentrate on learning how to actually deal with the pain and not just dull it in alcohol.

This is certainly not the way I ever expected this chapter to end. I always figured Pete's character would make appearances throughout this story and maybe have a bigger role in future parts. Guess it's not to be, and goes to prove that real life can have just as many unexpected twists as turns as any well written book. But what does the main character do without a best friend, or side kick? Makes the rest of the story look a little boring...........and lonely.


1 comment:

MaxieCat said...

I wish I could be there for you, to help you through this. Pete will always be here, with all of us, to share in lifes great and not so great moments. He may not be here in the flesh, but he is here in spirit, living in all of us.

As much as we want to live in the past, living there only prolongs the pain and rips out our soul. You have so much to offer the world, you have a great son, great friends, and a terrific personality. I truly believe true love can happen more than once in a lifetime, you will find another best friend/side kick. He will never replace Pete, but will make your life more interesting and help dull that pain.