Friday, February 11, 2005

Done

Well today was it!
I quit TBJL.
I was tired of the director who made his own rules, who didn't care about kids unless they played for him. I was tired of the hassle to get things done right. I am tired of busting my ass for people who just don't get it. I watched a program go from 500 kids to 150. It is a sad ending, but one thats time has come. I gladly turn over the headaches, the hassles and the disregard to anyone who wants it or to the one it is forced on. Now I can go out and get a Real second job. It means paying for hockey if Peter plays else where, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it. Maybe his last year he can play for a real league............................

1 comment:

MaxieCat said...

Good for YOU!!! It's a shame that someone can work so hard and still not get anywhere with the people they are working for. I've learned a lot from my current employer that it's a give and take. If they respect you as a person and employee, they get that respect back and you work even harder to please. In your case, you're better off without the headaches of this employer. One day they will wake up without a job and wonder how they got to that position. Then and only then, they may realize how they treated other people came back to bite them on the ass.
I'm glad you quit, life is too short (as we all know) to be miserable in a job. It's also time for Peter to show how much he appreciates all you do for him and at least help out with the cost of playing hockey. You'll respect him more, and he'll appreciate hockey more because he's helping pay for it.