Friday, October 14, 2005

Sundown

I have been thinking a lot about sunsets...........
I would guess that it is because I now only work a short distance from a beach. I have pondered many times making a right turn toward the coast, but instead, everytime I get to that specific traffic light, I chicken out and go home. I still, just can't seem to do it. Ya know whats really silly? I haven't been able to watch Stargate. Pete introduced me to that show and we watched it together, every Friday....... The things we do to oursleves because of memories....................

1 comment:

MaxieCat said...

You keep changing that picture girl? When I saw it this morning it didn't look like the sun was down that low.

I'm sorry that you have a hard time seeing sunsets. I used to have a hard time with that too. The last time Tim and I parted as a couple was to a sunset. It took standing on the beach with Tim on my left and Gordy on my right to finally let go of that feeling - what a release that was.

When you are ready to move on, take that step with a new person and create new memories, while holding onto the old ones.

I know Pete, he would want you to share that something special with someone new, but only when you're ready.

I have this gut feeling that he will send you a sign that will let you know when "that time" is. He will lead you to that perfect sunset and let you cry while the sun goes down. When the crying stops, you'll be ready to take that first step.

Take your time with all of this, don't let anyone rush you. Until someone has gone through what you have, they can't understand the feelings you are having. And they have to remember that everyone greaves differently. It may take some 6 months to get back up on that horse and others longer. But don't let it discourage you from getting in the saddle. There are a lot of wonderful people out there that will cherish you as much as Pete did - it may take a while to find that person though, but don't ever give up.

Ok enough of my babbling :)