Monday, October 30, 2006

Business Of Life

Well its been a bit.......I have been so tied up with the errands and stuff that I just haven't posted for some time.

First off another ferret joined the household but seems to have trouble settling in. Quizzy (the newbie) and Tauvi seem to have a contest going over who is gonna be the alpha of the business (a group of ferrets) I think Quizzy is more than happy to be a subordinate but Tauvi being the street girl that she is, has to tell him everyday at least 5 times a day. So I currently keep them in separate caging areas and have to supervise all playtime. The squabbling seems to be lessening.....or am I just being optimistic.

I had a doctors visit and was prescribed a new med called lisinopril. I was told the side effects might be a dry cough. NOT! Upon reading the flyer and info on Web MD, I found that 1% of people will suffer fatigue, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, dizzy spells and headaches. The first day I took the meds I became so tired that I fell asleep on my bed at 6PM and didn't wake up until my alarm went off the next morning. Next day I took the meds I was not only tired but became extremely nauseous and suffered from pain in the abdomen, headaches, violent fluid explosions, and fever. Saturday I decided there was no way I was taking any more of it, but it takes 48 to 72 hours to clear out of your system. Saturday I was recovering and feeling much better by 6PM. I had just finished fixing dinner for myself, some soup and a grilled cheese sammich, when the doorbell rang. I eventually broke from the intruder and went to go eat. can of soup still in my hand and got so dizzy that I passed out. I awoke and estimated 2 minutes later, still dizzy, soup all over the carpet and sick as all hell. I went directly to bed with occasional trips to the bathroom. Sunday was much better, most of the drug was out of my system and other than some mild headaches and physical weakness was doing much better,. This was definitely a case of the side effects being worse than the problem. Doc better find another drug family that can ease the problem at hand.

3 comments:

Sanity Lost said...

Oh yes ...... I thought of you through all of this and the road I now walk that is in your neck of the woods.

Anonymous said...

Dude. Wow. It doesn't sound like fun. As a Meniere's Syndrome sufferer, I know all about major dizziness. I hope you find a med that doesn't cause that.

Anonymous said...

The picture sums up so much--my reaction to life, etc.