Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Older Model

I had an eye exam today. I knew my eye sight was getting worse but I guess I didn't realize HOW bad. So I got checked for glaucoma, cataracts and because of my high blood pressure they checked to be sure there was no bleeding in the back of the eye and no clots. Clean bill of health there. After the read this line and read that line routine she spoke the words BI-FOCALS! Ugh!
I never thought of myself as getting old but for some reason that word..............bi-focals , sent a reality through my poor soul and I heard the statement "
You ain't 30 honey!"
I looked around to see who said that and realized in came from within.
Oh give me a break....I'm not 80 either!
Oh yea well I saw you checkin out that 28 year old the other day and that is baby meat , girlie-o!
OH SHUT UP! I feel young.
Ya, well the creaks and blurry vision say otherwise. You ain't no sports car anymore
Ya well my old Mazda truck creaked and moaned but it still knew how to go off roadin'

Yah........That's me..........The hell with bein' the fancy shmancy sports car....They're high maintenance, and only good for lookin at. I am more like the well used SUV........I got my dents and dings, some worn parts, but I still know how to have fun, get dirty and play hard when the work is done.

No comments: