Tuesday, August 28, 2007

3 Years Ago..........

Three years ago you left me.
It was three years ago my life took a dramatic change
I had always envisioned us growing old and sitting in our rockers on the front porch.

I spent the better part of today drifting away from reality and thinking about you.
Remembering things you did and things you said
The way you always stroked my hair.............
The way you cheered Peter on at hockey games...........
Hockey playoffs the year the Lightning won the Stanley Cup. Away games outside the Ice Palace and home games at Wing House..........
Your laugh...........
Christmas and your Santa Hat..............
How easily you got buzzed............
That old Saturn car of yours..........
How excited you got after a major fire....... calling me at 3AM to tell me about it.........
That damn checkbook.........
How Teeki would curl up in your arms and fall asleep...........
The day you were huggin on George and thought it was me....... what a laugh that was
How we talked for hours about everything............
You teaching Peter to skate..........
Skating at the Sports Forum on Tuesday nights.........
Road trips to Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.....
Sunsets on the beach............ I don't think I have seen any magnificent ones since you left.
How you got me to watch Stargate........
Always coming home to Warner Brothers cartoons on the TV.........
How proud I was the day you became a fireman.........
Never seeing you without a camera..........
How you faithfully called your parents once a week.........
Hearing that same damn story over and over again about how drunk you got one night and you and your friends were all doing cartwheels down the middle of the road.................
The days of hockey 101..........

There are so many more things I thought about today................... mostly how much I miss my best friend

I know you have been there at times. I have felt you. These moments have given me comfort and saved me. Its nice to know your watching over me.............................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at Tucsons earlier and drank a silent toast. . .
F-