Saturday, January 28, 2006

18

So my child has turned 18.

There are days I never thought he would make it cause I wanted to strangle him.

But he has turned out pretty damn good.

Today he had a BBQ and had all his friends over. I, of course, had some adults over as well to keep me company and to provide a more stimulating conversaion other than car, cars, who is wearing what and shouldn't, cars, teachers, todays "music" artists and oh did I mention cars? On the menu was grilled chicken, pulled pork, beans, cole slaw, and baked potatoes, and of course cake. The weather was great and in the evening the fire pit was great for a little warmth and ambience. The kids (teenagers /almost aldults) chowed on the food, laughed and all seemed to have a great time. As I hibernate in my room, at 11PM, with kids still all aroound my house, I guess I would have to say it was a success. A very nice group of young adults. So I here I sit and contemplate they day Peter was born and how he has affected my life and how in my darkest days he was what gave me the strength to get up in the mornings. Mysweet little boy has turned into a wonderful young man.

No comments: