Sunday, February 26, 2006

Overwhelmed

So today I went out on my first date since Pete passed.

He was very nice and very sweet and very much the gentlemen. He had business in Sarasota so we went down there while he took pictures of real estate( he is a property appraiser) and then we hit the restaurants and did some bar hopping in Longboat Key. What I thought was going to be a 5-hour day turned into 9. I had a really nice time, but I got home and once alone I cried. Going on this date was admitting to myself that Pete wasn't ever coming back. It was admitting that, that part of my life was gone and that, that part of my life was over. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to acknowledge. I hate they way I feel. I hate saying goodbye. I know that no one will ever take his place, but it hurts knowing that all I wanted will never be and that the person I saw myself growing old with won’t be sitting in the chair next to me in 30 years reminiscing over the silly little things in life. I want to move forward but I still find it painful to let go of the past. Love, interrupted, and stolen, does not pass quietly.

No comments: