Sunday, March 19, 2006

Is It a Once In A Lifetime Thing?

Wow seems I have been a little busy with things. So…. Mr X and I have had 5 dates total now. He is a really nice guy and doesn't mind that I am still a little messed up in the head. What it all comes down to in my thoughts though, is that I wonder if in love you can find the real McCoy twice. I loved Pete unquestioning and unconditionally and our relationship was very unique to me. I trusted so completely. It seems everyone spends a lifetime looking for that one true love. The one person you will spend the rest of your life with. The one who will love you the way you in turn love them. If a person finds it once, loses it to death, can one be so lucky as to find that kind of love a second time? If not what is the point of looking? We would be settling for seconds on any future spouse we take. Or could love be what we make out of it, what we put in as an effort and in turn what our spouse puts into it. Maybe true love, the real McCoy, is two people so devoted to each other that neither lets up in the way they work at the relationship. Maybe its both people putting forth everything they have to make life good, to make their relationship strong. After all, nothing of true value is easily earned.

2 comments:

MaxieCat said...

Sounds like you are having fun with Mr. X

I think true love can be found twice. A friend of mine lost her husband about 5 years ago. There were no regrets between the two of them.

She is now with someone new, they will never get married, neither want to. They make each other happy and enjoy each other's company.

I really think that once you know what true love is, you know what you're looking for and are willing to wait for the right person.

I am sure there have been many men that you could have gone out with before now, but that "sixth sense" kicked in and you passed them over - heck why bother with someone who isn't right for you. So now, that sense is kicking in and saying - go for it Steph!!!

Anonymous said...

"Or could love be what we make out of it"

The answer is YES!