Thursday, January 01, 2009

Bringing In the New Year


Well this was the first New Years Eve in a long long time that we didn't go out to Claude's house. He had told Peter that due to financial reasons he was not having a party or shooting off fireworks over the lake. So what to do??? Well Peter was working so I was on my own. At first I thought I would just make it an early night and hit the hay around 10 PM. As the night went on I thought I would go outside and listen to all the revellers in the neighborhood. There were quite a few parties going on and the neighborhood was rather noisy. Being a little on the chilly side I stoked up a fire in the outdoor hearth and grabbed a bottle of red wine.. I sat sipping my wine and listened. Laughter and conversation was all around. Fireworks were going off. Some just noise makers and some that added color to the night sky.


I looked into the flames and contemplated the past year. Not the best, rather crappy......but certainly not the worst. I lost Angel to cancer, Sir Woozle to Adrenal, Lielah was diagnosed with Adrenal and Pheelia diagnosed with lymphoma. Lots of money out the door on vet bills. Nothing that I regret though.... only that all the assistance and meds I paid for didn't help on two of my fur kids. Lielah is doing well on her Lupron injections, Pheelia.....well...... everyday she is with me is a blessing. All I can do is smother her with love and kisses. I doubt she will make it through an entire year.


Money...still an issue..... I wish I could make the money I was making at MCI....but I don't and with the economy they way it is, I am thankful to have a job that pays the bills, keeps a roof over my head and food on the table and in the cages. Many people don't have that. The folks I work for are also really good people. Sure beats the two assholes at Singlepoint who don't know how to be nice and treat employees as slaves.


I had a good visit with Dad in July, even tho the older bro had to be a jerk for an evening. Those trips are always great and I am thankful for every added year my father is around that I can make those trips. I am glad my father and I were able to mend fences.


Peter found his way. This is really a good thing. He went to school, studied and did well. He graduated an EMT and hopefully in 2009 he will get his state certification.


I decided to write all my thoughts down on paper on what I wanted 2009 to be for me and others. I didn't write down anything specific like..... I want to make more money....instead I would write it as I would like things to be financially easier...... or less stressful, etc. I wrote thoughts to loved ones that have passed on. When done, I placed the paper into the fire and watched as it burned....turned to ash and smoke and drifted to the sky and heaven above. I had heard some Indian tribes had done this as form of prayer......sending words direct to heaven and gods above. Maybe this would work......couldn't hurt to try.


To my three closest friends who I never got to see enough of this past year.... I hope the new year is all you want it to be. I hope you find it prosperous and emotionally fulfilling. I appreciate the friendship and support even if we don't get together as much as we should and as often as we might like.


To all my ferret friends, I wish good health upon you and your small charges. I hope 2009 brings much less heartache and a lot more dooks and wardances.




Happy New Year to all, may it be better than the last.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlio, good things happen to good people. . .albeit, not always when we want them to, or think we need them to. . .but in the end, just like your furry friends, we'll all land on our feet Steph. . .We'll get together soon, and I'll be buying. . .I'll bring you up to date, and SOON, i will give you a signed copy of Lucky Charlie. . .yes, the illustrations are almost done, ha!