Sunday, May 23, 2004

More like Ranting of the Insane

Well I guess this would be more a ranting than anything else, but ya know I feel like I am so close to just exploding.

STRESSED OUT!

Does it ever seem that people around you just don't get that you are an indivdual, with a life, and that your time is just as important as theirs? But then again I am a mother and I should never expect my child to think that my time is anythiing but his. My boss, although a really nice person, will think nothing of asking me to do something on my lunch hour for her. And the other members that live in this house.....well lets just say, they both think I am a personal maid. I went on strike once. After a week and a half, the house was so disgusting. One of them finally got up and did some cleaning and then expected me to praise him for it."See what I did!!" or was he tryinig to make me feel guilty because I let the house get that way? I know my kid thinks I have turned into a raving lunatic, because it seems I spend more time yelling at him than anything these days, but he IS the biggest offender of "her time is my time" I just gave up a four day weekend vacation, because he had hockey tryouts. Did I get so much as a thanks, nooooooo, what I got was,
"take me to Ybor for a concert"
"take me clothes shopping"
"take me to work"
"take me to my girlfriends"
"I need a DR appt"
"Call this guy on this car I want".............etc etc etc. Excuse me!! I was supposed to be in NC right now!!
I am stressed to the point that small things I would normally shrug off can put me close to over the edge. And the things that do piss me off, well it would be better to not be around. What I have determined is I am in really bad need of a vacation. I mean the out of state, longer than a week, relax, do what I WANT vacation. Unfortunatly that doesn't come until July. I was hoping the long weekend would tie me over, but I guess not. I sat outside the rink the other night and it was quiet. I revelled in the lack of noise. My mind drifted off. I was sitting on my fathers balcony over looking the James River in VA. The only sounds to be heard in the early evening is the water of the river and the occasional train that runs on the tracks on the other side of it. Humming birds hover nearby at the feeders. It is so quiet you can actually hear the hum of their wings. As the sun goes down the fireflies come out and you get your own personal light show......ahhhh yessssssssss. Being suddenly jerked from that tranquil moment sucked. Count down the days to departure and try to keep myself on even keel. Deep breath, count, 1....2.....3.....4...

No comments: