Wednesday, August 04, 2004

ARRRGH!

When Peter first started playing hockey at the age of 8, I loved to watch him on the ice as he fumbled around to learn the game. It was fun watching the young inexperienced players. They tripped and fell, wobbled on their skates and always had that look of excitment in their eyes. I remeber that it was easy to get him up for a 5AM practice. As soon as I said "Peter , it's time to get up for hockey." he was out of bed faster than anyone could imagine, but try getting him up for school and that was another story. He spent so many hours on public ice practicing his balance, moves, and coordination. As he grew older and progressed with his abilities I was amazed and how being on the ice was so natural and easy for him. I watched him during practice and would marvel at how far he could take an edge. He loves the sport and I love watching him play. When his team is losing I forget about the game and just watch how he skates and how he plays the game. But I am not looking forward to this year.......it seems it has only taken one major jackass to take even the simplest of my pleasures away from this sport. A jackass with an ego, who inflates it by undermining others and talking poorly about them behind their back. A jackass, that makes my kid not want to play hockey, because said jackass announces himself as the coach after promising the position to another. Having been a past VP for a 2 year stint, hockey 101 coordinator, scheduler, and done many othe duties, it saddens me to watch a program I helped build, fall apart due to a person who wears the title of Youth Hockey Director. It was always for the kids and nothing else. He has so drained me over the last year with fights and arguments that I have contemplated getting a second job so I could let Peter play for a another league. But alas, Mr Director is such an idiot that losing his registrar and finance coordinator is not a concern. I really want to go back and enjoy watching the boys play and not have this other crap mar it.
What to do??
Hey bartender pour another one.

No comments: