Thursday, March 17, 2005

Trash Trash Everywhere

My drive to work today was long and slow. Rain and accidents made for a drive that allowed one to take in your surroundings. Not too bad across the bridge but malfunction junction was really an eye sore. As we cruised at am amazing 10 to 15 mph with occasional stopping, I took in the scenery. Yuck! There was not a place to look that there was not trash, and I don't mean paper and plastic. I mean trash! As I looked around I saw paper cups, plastic bags, a car bumber, 10 gallon buckets, insulation, clothes, coolers, cooler lids, styrofoam, a bed liner, a dead possum, an air conditioner, a bed mattress and all kinds of other crap. Now I thought that maybe some of the problem is because of the construction in the area, but I believe that all the junk out there goes beyond that. What a way to greet people into Tampa Bay...........Hi! Welcome to Tampa! The trashiest city around. Why would the mayor or other city officials not care that people coming into Tampa, by way of I-4, will see this. After all first impressions are just that, and they are hard to overcome. My first impression would be.....I think I should go home.......

No comments: