Sunday, July 31, 2005

Reminders

It is strange how simple everyday things can trigger memories……. Not always pleasant ones…I sat down to snack on some cheese and crackers this weekend, simple enough. I placed my square piece of cheddar cheese on my Ritz cracker and just as I was placing it into my mouth, got a flashback of the last time I had eaten cheese and crackers. It was last October……….I was at Pete’s house………… boxing up his personal belongings and cleaning out his house. There was a knock on the door and an elderly lady stood in the entryway. She knew I was there doing a task no one wants to do and thought I might be forgetting to eat something. She had brought over cheese and crackers soda, and some fruit. It was weird the way that thought went trough my head. Funny thing about it is that it made me feel those sad, unhappy feelings I felt at that very moment in time. Ya know…… sometimes life can really suck.

No comments: