Thursday, June 08, 2006

My Space

So what is the big deal about My Space? What has made it so popular to hang out on? I checked out my sons page and his GF's page and a the pages of a few of my adult friends. Quite frankly I don't see what is so "cool" about it. From what I see its a lot of fake plastic people and grown up wannabes.
Here is what I see:
1. Teenagers ( a lot of 13 and 14 year olds) trying to be hot and sexy and looking 21. Nothing like attracting the pervs
2. A bunch of teenagers trash talking each other.
3. Lots of woman displaying themselves like pieces of meat for sale.
4. Lots of men with really stupid lines trying to be macho.
5. Women putting their pictures on the pages of men they have never met and calling them a "friend"
Whats so cool about all that? I don't see the attraction. I'll just stick to the simple thoughts and ramblings.

2 comments:

Beachcrawler said...

My Space is a microcosm of human nature; the people found there offer up a picture of who they would like to be 'seen' as and think they are protected by anonymity and screen names. As in real life, they are usually undone, preyed upon or unmasked by their sheer stupidity. BC

Anonymous said...

MySpace has always freaked me out, mainly because people load their pages with so much crap: pictures, videos, awful music, and cute backgrounds that get in the way of the actual words. But I guess I'm just old and kind of a simpleton!