Monday, May 29, 2006

Jobless

So here I sit a week into unemployment. It sucks. But I am trying to weigh which is worse, unemployment or the job I currently had. I am leaning towards my recent employment. After three days of hunting the web and newspapers and 45 resumes later I finally broke down and had the pity party I had been denying myself. I got shit faced and cried. The next day I awoke with a slight hangover and realized I had been in the same clothes for 4 days and hadn't showered. Ya, I know...ew, ew, ew. What I realize now was I should have just let myself wallow in self pity the first day and things might not have gotten so bad.
Well I had 2 over the phone interviews that were paying way to low. It would have taken 2 jobs to pay the bills. I had one face to face interview with round 2 tomorrow, and a job prospect elsewhere....maybe. Now if I can just get the anxiety attacks to stop............... I didn't have a single one over the weekend............... must be that I was being pre-occupied by someone :) *Sigh* Maybe this week will bring something better. I was told to try and enjoy some of my free time. Maybe this week I will................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are simply too good at what you do to stay unemployed for very long. You have a true gift on the telephone and your customer skills are excellent. You have excellent management and technical skills and learn easily. You are organized, professional and have an eye for detail. Some large company will come along and offer you a chance to shine once more. Trust me...see if I'm wrong! ~BC