Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mortality Reminder

I thought several times these last few days why this lesson is repeated on me. I understand it very well. Maybe I am just meant to emphasize it to everyone else. Two things happened this week............
I went to a funeral
and
Pop had a heart attack and had triple by-pass.

Skip was diagnoised with cancer 3 months ago. It ravaged him quickly and we laid him to rest today. I looked at Mrs G and saw myself 20 months ago. During the service I cried for my loss as well as hers. Wounds may heal but the scars serve as reminders and at times leave us vulnerable like achy joints on rainy days.

Pop had his surgery last night. I went in to see him even tho I knew he would not know I had been there. I wanted to touch his hand and whisper in his ear that I loved him.

So many tubes...... so manny fluids.......... so many machines......... life is so fragile

He looks better today...... sans tubes

So with all of this fresh in my head I again tell everyone..... mend your fences..... and tell your friends and family that you love them...... don't put it off, tomorrow could be too late

A reminder from my lesson

No comments: